Thursday, July 9, 2009

Out on the Town

We have a pet shop in town that is stocked up with animals from grumpy looking bulldogs to scary reptiles. It's a grand place to pop in with the kids every so often to let them get an animal fix (as we are a "no pet" sort of family . . . thus far).

Today we had to get out of the apartment so we zipped over to Starbucks then in to the pet shop. Ike went bouncing in and spotted a nice pug. "Look, Mom!" he squealed with a level of delight only he is capable of. "It's Otis!" I don't know about anybody else, but the Milo and Otis movie is a big hit at our house.

We also got to take out the baby boxer puppy and play with her for a bit. Ike was thrilled to no end. "Mom, this puppy is my best fwend!" Puppy looked a lot like Aunt Heidi's boxers so Ike was a little concerned that this puppy was missing his Mommy. "We need to take Maggie [which he calls the puppy] to Heidi's house to see her Mommy!"

5 comments:

Unknown said...

We like to visit the pet store for a 'pet fix' too! I discovered on one visit early in my pregnancy that the smell of the pet store was too much. I sure hope that wasn't/won't be the case for you. We've been able to have more pleasant visits recently.

Jordan said...

Ahh! He's so cute :) I love the new layout!!

Hs said...

I had better not go to that pet store. I may end up feeling sorry for that boxer puppy and take it home. Wouldn't Maggie and Andie be thrilled?! :)

Danielle said...

Oh, We loved Milo and Otis too when we were kids! So funny! I've gotta get that one for mine!

Vicki Parramore said...

Luckily, I don't get sick in the pet shop although, up close the did smell more strongly than normal:)

Yay, for Milo and Otis! We watched it today:)