Sunday, April 3, 2011

Puffy Apple Oven Pancake


My little chef helped me cook up this beauty and when I mean "helped" I mean LOTS of it! She managed to stir the flour mixture right into the ranch dip! While I appreciated the whole new concept of ranch dip mixed in with flour and cinnamon . . . it wasn't quite what I was going for. A few minutes later while I was somewhere in the middle cooking the apples in the golden butter and blending the batter, I managed to get poked with a dull knife -- right in the petunia! (For those of you who've never watched "Tinkerbell" petunia is the technical fairy term for "behind"). I was a bit startled to say the least. However, all the fuss and hoopla was all worth it. Our kitchen adventure resulted in quality time with my little Kate and a delectable breakfast. I strongly suggest serving drizzled with maple syrup and powdered sugar . . . Ranch dressing tastes good on many foods, but I don't recommend it for pancakes!

1 comment:

Sarah M. said...

This looks WONDERFUL! When I read your "poked in the petunia", I had the southern drawl added. Gotta love Rosetta! ☺