Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Oh, What a Beautiful Morning . . .

This morning I woke up to a little voice repeating, "Sorry I make a mess, Mommy."

"That's okay. I'll clean it up." I respond quite grogily. I hear this phrase a lot. Sometimes it's a big mess, but most of the time it's just something small.

Somehow I got my weary body out of bed to find . . . a BIG mess! Juice was spilled (purposely I'm sure as the evidence of smooshed juice boxes reveal he was trying to get every last drip out of two juice boxes) all over the wood floors. It was not just spilled in one spot mind you, but it was ALL over. Two little boys seemed to have a delightful time dancing in the juice.

Well, it's not unusual around here to wake up and have to start right in on the housecleaning. So I got to cleaning and wiped up the sticky mess. I thought I did a fairly good job, but as I walked to the computer my feet were sticking to the floor. This is only a small portion of my morning . . . I've been following two little boys around all morning, wiping smelly little bums, kissing little ouchies, and being bossy (but I dare say the bossiness has saved us from what could have potentially been a trip to the ER). Thank goodness for coffee and story time! Coffee makes me a better mother and story time keeps two very busy boys occupied in an undestructive way.

Well, Alex has climbed onto the countertop and Isaac is about to. Gotta run!

1 comment:

Jordan said...

oh my! I guess this is what I have to look forward to with twins??