Saturday, January 9, 2010

A Mutt Sounds Good

Yesterday I thought it would be great fun to take Ike and Kate to the pet shop (as we often do). I'm not much of a pet sort of person though I thoroughly enjoy other peoples' pets. The thought of training a puppy while potty training my soon to be two year old and breastfeeding and changing diapers doesn't exactly thrill me. I do, however, adore the look on Ike's face every time he sees a pug puppy. For some reason, he wants a pug puppy -- nothing else. I would have considered it . . . eventually, but out of curiosity I asked how much the puppy would be. TWELVE HUNDRED DOLLARS. I was shocked (but those "Financing Available" signs all over the pet shop certainly did make more sense). I still don't know anyone who would get financing for a dog . . .

I don't know about you, but $1200 for something that's going to pee on my carpet, shed, bark, chew, and basically destroy everything in sight just doesn't make sense (poor financial decision in my opinion). My doctor bill coming in the mail soon will resemble those numbers and I'll get to take home a BABY. Hmm. This baby will do much of the same, but at some point this baby will clean it's own messes and talk to me. If I'm to pay $1200 for a dog, that dog better be able to talk. I'm just sayin' is all . . .

1 comment:

Beka said...

I cannot believe that they have financing for a purchase like that...what is this world coming to?!