Sunday, May 3, 2009

Home

Well, the anticipation is rising and we've yet to break ground on our new house. I'm not saying that I'm not thankful for this apartment, the amenities it provides, and of course who could forget no yardwork for the summer!? Apartment life is simple and cozy and yet I'm looking forward to all the comforts of home life.

What I'm looking forward to the most is the kitchen and dining space. Our hypothetical house has no formal dining room (seeing as how we are really informal people), but a kitchen/dining combo (very Walton-like actually). Even though its a combined space, there is plenty of room for a large table in which to share precious moments with our family and friends. I'm looking forward to the sitting area it provides so my little ones can sit in the dining room and work on homework or play games while we wait for dough to rise or for our casserole to bake. It's a terrific place for tummies to be fed and where little (and big) souls can be fattened!

As for now, we're definitely enjoying our cozy little kitchen where we bump elbows and have to shut the dishwasher if we want to open the drawer under the stove:) It's a small place, but small space means I get to frequently "bump" into all the people I adore.

No comments: