Thursday, August 14, 2008

Island in the Sun


Today marks a milestone on my blog. My sister called this morning and walked me through the steps of how to put my "play list" on here! I searched for a fair amount of time for songs that I like and found some that really take me back. For instance, Weezer's "Island in the Sun" takes me back to when I went to the local college . . . a long time ago. All of a sudden I am back in Painting 101 when the instructor encouraged us students to bring in music to listen to while we painted. Surprisingly, the instructor was relatively conservative for a public college so imagine the shock (and dare I say horror) on her face when we rocked out that day to Weezer. This "Island in the Sun" song is the only "mellow" song on album. Can you imagine what our paintings looked like? Well, Jordi, you don't have to imagine . . . if you haven't thrown it out yet, that dreadful painting was passed (not forced) on to you some time ago:) Ahhh, memories.

4 comments:

Nicole said...

I Loved the song you had on earlier today! I had never heard it before and I just put a stop to my busy world and listened to the beautiful words!!! I had a couple of minutes to refresh my mind! It was FANTASTIC!!!! You guys are so smart on your computers!! I can't even get the picture thing figured out :) Keep the good music coming!!

Jordan said...

You are so funny! I LOVE that painting...and yes, I still have it! It's going up as soon as the basement is done :)

Vicki Parramore said...

Nicole, I am so glad you like the song. "Remember When" is a favorite of mind. I used to play it when Ike was around two and he'd come running to the kitchen when it started playing 'cause he knew I'd be waiting there for him -- waiting to dance. *Sigh*

Vicki Parramore said...

Jordi, that teacher should have known that particular student wouldn't have handed over a Mozart cd:) My painting looked considerably different before Weezer. It was smooth and even. Weezer turned it into a choppy mess. Do tell Scott I am sorry about that one more time!