Saturday, April 5, 2008

Mama said there would be days like this!


Yesterday I sat down at the computer to buy a pair of pants that I've been considering buying for a while. No big deal right? Well, apparently my little Isaac can get his hands into trouble without two minutes of supervision.

Isaac managed to climb up the pantry shelves to find the honey which is in an enticing teddy bear container. In other words, what child wouldn't be attracted to the cute little honey bear? I did watch him climb the shelves and somewhere in my head I must have passed off the act as something I'm quite accustomed to -- it didn't phase me at the time. I was trying to quickly buy a pair of pants after all. It wasn't like I was browsing through the store, unable to make a decision. With a click here and a click of the mouse there I wrapped up my purchase and was about to check on my now quiet son. I didn't have to go far because he was coming to find me with a set of very sticky hands. Yes, he had squeezed out approximately one quarter of the little bear's contents all over the family room couch. All I have to say is, "Thank goodness for leather!" We washed up the mischievous little hands before they could dirty up anything else. After that we scrubbed down the couch, but I have a feeling there might be a few other things around here tainted with the sticky substance.

By now one might be wondering what happens when I take time to write down these stories!

No comments: