Here is what we are having for dinner tonight. My hubby is from Maryland so anything made with crab he is sure to enjoy! Also I am a big casserole fan so anything I can make in advance really makes my life a bit easier.
Creamy Seafood Enchiladas
From the Taste of Home Cookbook
1/4 cup butter
1/4 cup all purpose flour
1 cup chicken broth
1 can cream of chicken soup
1 cup sour cream
1/2 cup salsa
1/8 tsp salt
1 cup cottage cheese
1 pound shrimp, cooked, peeled, deveined
1 cup cooked or canned crabmeat, drained, flaked, and cartilage removed
1-1/2 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
1 can (4 oz) chopped green chilies
1 Tbsp dried cilantro
12 flour tortillas (7 in)
1) In a saucepan over low heat, melt butter; stir in flour until smooth. Gradually stir in broth and soup until blended.
2) Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until slightly thickened. Remove from heat. Stir in sour cream, salsa and salt; set aside.
3) Place cottage cheese in a blender; cover and process until smooth. Transfer to a bowl; add the shrimp, crab, Monterey Jack cheese, chilies and cilantro.
4) Spread 3/4 cup sauce in a greased 13 X 9 baking dish. Place about 1/3 cup seafood mixture down the center of each tortilla. Roll up and place seam side down over sauce. Top with the remaining sauce.
5) Bake, uncovered, at 350 degrees for 30-35 minutes or until heated through. Serve with additional salsa.
Yield: 6 servings.