Sunday, April 6, 2008

A Quiet and Gentle Spirit


First off, I want to say that I think it's very important not to try to be anyone but yourself. However, it's nice to find people who challenge us to be the best person we can be. On that note, meet Les -- my Grandmother's college friend.
I first met Les this past February and my family and I fell completely in love with her. She is just the kind of person that you just can't help but instantly adore. Les loves everything -- among those things are the spring daffodils, budding trees, babies, e-mails and carmel lattes! I have to say, she is just a young girl with a lot of life experience. She's been through plenty of trials that could have made her bitter and angry . . . and yet Les has the sunniest disposition. I wish there were more people like her -- you just walk away from her feeling like you've absorbed some of that infectious, loving personality. She inspires me to be a better person -- to love more and to judge less, to embrace your blessings and relinquish your burdens, and to let loose and laugh often. Being in her company taught me a lot -- and from her quiet and gentle spirit I have learned how to be a better wife, mother, and friend.
We love you, Les! And can't wait for your next visit!

No comments: