Friday, November 28, 2008

All in a Day


As I'm scooping up some dinner I hear (but do not see):

"I carry her, Mom. She's heavy!"

"What!" I come running!


"Here you go, Mom."


I pick up the dangling baby who is amused with her brother.


"She's heavy! Whew! My back hurts!" says our young and healthy little boy.


~


"We need to have a boy baby." Ike delares. "I make a good big brother."



~

Ike helped me make dinner tonight. He was super helpful and we made a beautiful turkey pot pie (which I ended up dropping on the floor, but that's beside the point). Anyway, once the pie was ready to go into the oven, Ike wasn't done playing in the kitchen. He wanted to make more pie. So I pulled out the leftovers we were unable to finish and he made a mean (and I do mean mean) soupy leftover pie (pictured above).

~

Kate's been crawling all over the place and a very quick pace today. Ike and I have made a game of it.

"Where's Kate?" I ask.

"I don't know! Let's go find her." Shouts Ike.

We both run to his room -- she's ALWAYS there! She's already learned where most of the toys are stored . . .

2 comments:

Nicole said...

very cute!!

Shannon said...

That's so funny about the pot pie! My niece wanted to make a pumpkin pie. It didn't turn out too badly. She loves to "mix it up". :)