Monday, November 3, 2008

Mom to Mom




When I was pregnant with our first, my very dear and best friend Jordi threw me a BEAUTIFUL baby shower. She made beautiful food, name tags, decorations, etc. I appreciated everything so much. She also made advice cards for me which I absolutely loved. Each mother at the party wrote down a few words of wisdom for me. I now wish I would have put them up on the wall so I could have seen them every day (their wisdom was very sweet and I cherish each and every card). Instead of putting them up in his room or in clear view, I put them in my box filled with precious little keepsakes (his silver spoon, his baby book, cards, hospital bracelets, shoes, etc.). Here is a picture of the cards and one of my favorite advice cards from Gayla. This one I should frame so I can often be reminded that I am not raising just a boy-- I am raising a boy to be a man.

No comments: