Monday, March 10, 2008

All in a days work

I've just prepared a batch of homemade cinnamon rolls and put them in the oven. It smells absolutely divine in here! Yes, Baby Kate slept through the entire process (I don't know what I'd have done if she needed me in the middle of kneading the dough) and Ike helped me through every step. He loves to help me cook, but it's the eating what we make that he doesn't necessarily like to do. Well, now that I sit down to write, I expect Kate to awaken at any moment. She seems to have the "Mom's sitting down" radar on at all times. I really don't mind though.

I sent Ike to wash his hands after playing in the dirt. Of course after five minutes of his being absent, I realize that he is still in the bathroom. Knowing full well that a boy left alone in the bathroom can turn a clean room into a disaster area, I swiftly made my way to his bathroom. Squinting my eyes, I was unsure if I really wanted to know the level of damage that could be done. I slowly opened the door to find him still washing his hands in a bathroom drowning from all the water. Well, that's not too bad! Nothing a few towels can't clean up in a jiffy. I've seen worse!

On Saturday the ladies at church threw a shower for Kate. Instead of playing games (I am not a big fan of games . . . especially "Guess What Food is in the Diaper") they brought scrapbook stuff and we put together a small album for Kate! Genious! I love every page!

While I was at the shower, Bill took Ike out for "pamcakes" at Ihop. Ike saw a commercial on television and had been asking to go for a almost a week. Once the "pamcakes" were in front of him, he ate the strawberries and whip cream right up, took a couple bites of the pancake, and decided he'd truly experienced pancakes (I don't make them).

No comments: