Friday, March 7, 2008

Peaceful Night

Last night was wonderful. Little Kate woke up at 2:00 and again at 6:00. She slept quite soundly and peacefully. Just LOVELY!

Bill took me out to Target today to buy me a new outfit. I really like Target so I shopped the clothing department and he took the kids to the toy department. It really is a lot easier to shop with Bill there because he takes care of the kids which allows me to think of what outfit I want to get.

When Bill and Ike came to find me after their adventure in the toy department, Ike announced that he had Skarloey the train. I had told him a few days earlier that he'd have to wait until his birthday before he could have Skarloey. Apparently Bill hadn't heard me so Skarloey came home with us. Now Ike has been singing "Happy Birthday" to himself all day. I think we really confused him and now he thinks any day he gets a treat it's his birthday.

As if the day hasn't been wonderful enough, my sister is having us over for dinner tonight! I really do enjoy cooking, but I also know how to enjoy a night off! Besides, she and her husband are fabulous cooks so we always know we are in for a real treat. It will be a family affair as Grandma, Lester, Mom and Roger are all going to be there.

Well, since I have the night off as far as cooking dinner goes, I really must spend some time scrubbing the kitchen and floors . . . . and of course spend the rest of my time playing trains and holding Baby Kate.

No comments: