Monday, March 17, 2008

Paying it Forward

After my post "Love is Patient" a lot of you e-mailed to encourage me and make sure I am okay. I asure you that I am fine and really appreciate everyone being so nice and understanding.

Well, the day after my "challenging" day, my sister invited me over for coffee and dinner. How wonderful it is to have someone to relax with and treat me so nicely! We just let the kids play and we talked and talked and watched a movie. It was so wonderful to get out and just enjoy myself. I wish everyone had an understanding sister (or two:) to turn to!

The next day, my Mom invited us over to her house for lunch (amazing tacos that I will try to get the recipe for so you too can enjoy them). Afterwards she took my little blessings and I out for coffee. SO wonderful!

I don't know about anyone else, but I just love cooking and LOVE other people cooking for me! It is such a big help with the little ones to have a break every now and then. Not only do you not have to cook, but there is no mess to clean up either.

Tomorrow I am "paying it forward." I found someone to cook for and hopefully make their day a little easier. I know we are all busy with everything that we have going on with kids, keeping house, reading books, dressing up babies, bathing babies, etc. But we aren't the only ones who have busy lives and "challenging" days. So I encourage you to bless someone this week -- send someone a card, make someone dinner, pray for someone -- bless someone and you too will feel blessed!

No comments: