Thursday, May 29, 2008

Thinking Green



My Mom has this theory: if you are shopping and find something that you like but just aren't sure about, you should wait a week. If after a week you are still thinking about the item then you should get it. Well, that theory has served me well. This is one of my favorite pieces that I found at an antique store a few years ago. The light, retro green color caught my eye right away. I left the shop thinking about all the ways I could use such a piece. I thought maybe I could paint it red and stencil a number on the front to serve as a locker in Ike's room. Or maybe I could use it in the family room to hold cds and dvds. Or in a bathroom to store extra towels , soaps, and toilet paper. Or I could use it in my laundry room to hold random things like light bulbs, extention cords, batteries, and detergents. Or a perfect cabinet for my craft supplies. Or it would even make a cute little pantry in my kitchen area for canned food. Believe me, my house is cozy and does not provide an ample amount of storage so I could use this in any room in my house.
After about a week I knew that this piece was perfect for my house so I just had to go get it (and it being at an antique store, you never know if the piece will be there when you return). Obviously it was otherwise I wouldn't be posting (with pictures) about my lovely find! Anyway, my Mom went back to the store with me and we loaded it up. It has been in my family room and made a great dvd and cd cabinet. However, I really love it in Kate's room as storage for all of her blankets and shoes. If she isn't as fond of vintage stuff as much as I am, I'll move it when she's grown and opinionated:) There are plenty of ideas spinning around in my head.

No comments: